Follow the secret lives of Moonlighters Carrie Hinkel-Gill and Margay Leah Justice.
For website issues or questions, contact our Webmistress.
This blog works best with Mozilla. Scroll down to see today's blog.
Please Disable the Java add-on to your browsers to protect yourself from it's security flaws! Happy surfing!
Our Fantasy Files blog returns with a new look!
It's Tuesday, and that means Hollie posted a new review on our Book Review blog! Be sure to check them out!

Current Releases

Buy: Sloane Wolf by Margay; Nora's Soul by Margay; Pandora's Box by Gracen; Hell's Phoenix by Gracen

Video of the Day

We Are Young - Fun

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Supernatural Sunday

First, my apologies. This was supposed to run on November 15, but due to a scheduling mix-up on my part, it didn't. Now, onto the post!


Interview with Striker from Paradise 21


Hi Striker, and welcome to Moonlight, Lace and Mayhem.

Thanks for having me.

First, can you tell us a little about yourself?

Well, I’m a space pirate, born and raised. I’m not ashamed of my heritage. We were the ones left behind on old Earth, and we had to make do. If that meant stealing, then so be it. I come from a long line of survivors.

If you could wish one wish and have it come true, what would your wish be?

To find a better world for my people, one where they don’t have to eat recycled food and fight over who sleeps closer to the ventilation shafts.

If you could change things, would you rather Tiff never abandoning you on the island? Why?

You mean, planet, right? There’s no large body of water on Sahara 354, so no oceans and no islands. Although that would have been nice…

Never. If I never met Tiff, and she never abandoned me, then I wouldn’t have found Aries. In a strange way, I owe Tiff everything, even after she managed to take everything from me. Weird how life works, ain’t it?

What's the first thing that went through your mind when you first saw Aries

Beautiful, innocent, and incredibly naive. She was standing right before a sandworm, just staring at it like it was some stuffed animal in a museum. If I hadn’t found her, she would have been its next meal. Just thinking of it makes me sick to my stomach.

Describe Aries in five words or less.

Stunning, sophisticated, compassionate, and able to love unconditionally.

Best thing that's ever happened to you?

Meeting Aries, for sure.

Worst thing that's ever happened to you?

My five year exile on Sahara 354. Thanks, Tiff.

Favorite food?

Roasted scorpion. You can get ‘um between the rocks just as one sun sets and the other rises. I imagine it tastes much like what lobster would have.

Favorite color?

Sky blue. Reminds me of pictures I’ve seen of old Earth.

Hobby?

Restoring alien spacecrafts. One hell of a hobby if you ask me. Almost got me killed.

Darkest secret? I figured you wouldn't tell me, but it's worth a try :P

Guys don’t usually give this stuff up, but since you’re being nice: I’d have to say a part of me will always love Tiff. Even if she betrayed me. She’s got a raw vulnerability that just sucks me in. I want to save her, but I can’t. She’s got to make her own choices, and they’re never good.

Greatest fear?

Losing Aries. It happened once already. Don’t want to talk about it.

Best memory?

A guy doesn’t kiss and tell.

That's about it... unless you have anything else you want to say?

Nope. Thanks for having me here, and remember, pirates aren’t all bad.

Thanks for visiting with us all today.


Paradise-21-on-book-196x300.png

Book Blurb:



Imperfect Striker possesses the freedom Aries envies, and the two connect on a level she never thought possible. But pursued by her match from above and hunted by the planet’s native inhabitants, Aries quickly learns her freedom will come at a hefty price. Aries has lived her entire life aboard mankind’s last hope, the New Dawn, a spaceship traveling toward a planet where humanity can begin anew—a planet that won’t be reached in Aries’ lifetime. As one of the last genetically desirable women in the universe, she must marry her designated genetic match and produce the next generation for this centuries-long voyage.

But Aries has other plans.

When her desperate escape from the New Dawn strands her on a desert planet, Aries discovers the rumors about pirates—humans who escaped Earth before its demise—are true. Handsome, genetically.

The life of the man she loves.

Excerpt:



Aries sped through space in her escape pod as if she fled the event horizon of a dying star. The controls blinked warnings around her, but she ignored them, pressing the touchscreen to fire the engines to full capacity.

Let’s see how fast this antique can go.

Her sweaty palms slipped on the cold metal as she clutched the restraining bar across her seat. Freedom intoxicated her, coursing through her veins like she drank liquid fire.

She squeezed her eyes shut and screamed, releasing raging emotions held back from years of conforming and keeping her true thoughts silent. Many times Aries had thought her head would implode from the pressure, but instead she’d schemed, plotting the day of her departure down to the last water bottle. As the sound of her voice dissipated, she opened her eyes and peered at the stars as they blurred into streaks of shimmering light.

The time flashed on the screen in fluorescent green: 1638. Aries committed the numbers to memory. She’d have at least three hours before the ceremony and reception ended and her fellow Lifers began searching for her. Her shipmates would check her cell first, then activate the locator embedded in her arm. When they realized she’d jumped ship, they’d stop the engines and count the escape pods. By then, Aries would be a parsec away from the New Dawn.



Author Bio:



Aubrie Dionne is an author and flutist in New England. After reaching a high point in her flutist career Aubrie decided to pursue other creative passions.

“I’d always loved writing and reading fantasy/sci fi books ever since I was little but I always pushed it aside for flute. I felt like I needed to explore more of my interests in life. Ever since I started writing, I couldn’t stop! I use what I’ve learned about craft, diligence, structure, from my flute playing. It’s exciting to start a new discipline and have no idea where my boundaries are: how far I can go with it, how good I can get.”

Paradise 21, Aubrie’s fourth book, was released August 2 as one of Entangled Publishing’s ten launch titles.


Aubrie is represented by Dawn Dowdle of Blue Ridge Literary Agency. Her short stories have been featured in Mindflights, Niteblade, Silver Blade, Emerald Tales, Aurora Wolf, A Fly in Amer, Moon Drenched Fables and various anthologies.

Her books are published by Entangled Publishing, Lyrical Press, Gypsy Shadow Publishing, and Wyvern Publications.



Aubrie’s Website
 http://www.authoraubrie.com/my-short-stories
Aubrie’s Blog
http://authoraubrie.blogspot.com/
                   



blog badge beehive.pngParadise 21 book tour banner.png

1 Moonbeams (comments):

Aubrie said...

Thanks for hosting me!