Follow the secret lives of Moonlighters Carrie Hinkel-Gill and Margay Leah Justice.
For website issues or questions, contact our Webmistress.
This blog works best with Mozilla. Scroll down to see today's blog.
Please Disable the Java add-on to your browsers to protect yourself from it's security flaws! Happy surfing!
Our Fantasy Files blog returns with a new look!
It's Tuesday, and that means Hollie posted a new review on our Book Review blog! Be sure to check them out!

Current Releases

Buy: Sloane Wolf by Margay; Nora's Soul by Margay; Pandora's Box by Gracen; Hell's Phoenix by Gracen

Video of the Day

We Are Young - Fun

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Wistful Wednesday

What Did You Do
On Your Summer Vacation?


Hello, everyone! I am off bright and early today to consult with the doctors who will be taking care of my daughter's surgery in two weeks, so I am giving you a homework assignment in lieu of an actual post. The question is: What did you do on your summer vacation? Here is some of what I did:

I re-visited the world of Pride and Prejudice (more than once) by reading the book and watching the movie and rediscovering how much I really like Matthew MacFadyen:



I made several trips to the local library with my older daughter where I discovered dvds to borrow - and Jane Eyre. But not just the movie; I also discovered another British actor to drool over - I mean, admire: Toby Stephens:



Naturally, I am now reading Jane Eyre, which is what I always do when I like a movie - read the book that inspired it.

And of course, there is my obsession - I mean, great admiration for Richard Armitage, whom I discovered by borrowing the library copy of North and South:


And check him out in Robin Hood:


Okay, by now you might be thinking that I'm something of an Anglophile - and you just might be right! But what can I say? I love the Brits!

So to recap: I toured Regency England to fall in love with Mr. Darcy, discovered Mr. Rochester in the stark Thornfield Hall, and suffered through the labor strikes of industrial England with Mr. Thornton. Not to mention the fact that I traveled, however briefly, back to medieval England to catch a glimpse of Guy of Gisbourne.

So what did you do on your summer vacation?

3 Moonbeams (comments):

Molly Daniels said...

How I Spent My Summer Vacation:

Baby-sat a precocious 7-yr-old;
Mothered another 7-yr-old whose mom divorced her father; shuttled my youngling and his BFF back and forth to each other's houses; gave up my sleep-in Saturdays in order to attend the Farmer's Market and get the word out about my books; Caught the attention of the local Christmas Parade organizers and helped open a bookstore.

Have I written anything?

Just book titles, as I catalogued over 2000 books in one week:)

And you threw me a curve ball with the North and South clip...wasn't the North and South I remembered!

Margay Leah Justice said...

Wow, what a busy summer you've had!

No, this North and South was based on a book by Elizabeth Gaskell, written well over a hundred years before the one you're thinking of! Believe me, the book and the movie are definitely must reads/sees! I adore Richard Armitage.
Margay

california car clocks said...

How I Spent My Summer Vacation:Baby-sat a precocious 7-yr-old;Mothered another 7-yr-old whose mom divorced her father; shuttled my youngling and his BFF back and forth to each other's houses; gave up my sleep-in Saturdays in order to attend the Farmer's Market and get the word out about my books; Caught the attention of the local Christmas Parade organizers and helped open a bookstore.Have I written anything?Just book titles, as I catalogued over 2000 books in one week:)And you threw me a curve ball with the North and South clip...wasn't the North and South I remembered!