Follow the secret lives of Moonlighters Carrie Hinkel-Gill and Margay Leah Justice.
For website issues or questions, contact our Webmistress.
This blog works best with Mozilla. Scroll down to see today's blog.
Please Disable the Java add-on to your browsers to protect yourself from it's security flaws! Happy surfing!
Our Fantasy Files blog returns with a new look!
It's Tuesday, and that means Hollie posted a new review on our Book Review blog! Be sure to check them out!

Current Releases

Buy: Sloane Wolf by Margay; Nora's Soul by Margay; Pandora's Box by Gracen; Hell's Phoenix by Gracen

Video of the Day

We Are Young - Fun

Monday, August 2, 2010

Mystic Monday

A Whole Lot of New Stuff!!!

Okay, I've been absent from the blogging scene for a bit recuperating from a high grade ankle sprain and an allergic reaction to medication. I'm much better now on all fronts. But that's not the only reason. I guess we all need breaks from the Internet, and mine turned out to be the entire month of July! Sorry for the long hiatus in the YA Room too!

I'm coming back in full swing now. In fact, I've finally created the new facets to this blog that I've been planning on for some time - to cover non-romance books and authors that I enjoy reading just as much as romance. There might be a romance or romantic feelings present, but romance isn't a necessity or requirement, neither is a happy ending, but many of the stories do have emotionally satisfying endings.

So what are the new facets?

I'll tell you:

Anime
Sci-Fi
Fantasy
Horror House - PG 13
Mystery


Anime covers graphic novels, manga, animated series and the music.
Sci-Fi covers the harder core science fiction not found in most romance stories.
Fantasy encompasses fantasy and adventure stories and sagas as well as gaming.
Horror House is designed with our younger viewers in mind who love a good scare!
Mystery umbrellas who-done-its, crime and thrillers!

Why all these different non-romance genres?

Well, because they illustrate the true eclectic nature of my reading and viewing habits. Because I enjoy many different mediums for stories, you'll find that most of the anime I cover has been watched via TV, DVD or the Internet (free sites like Hulu.com) and most of the mystery novels featured will be listened to via audiobooks or watched via movies and TV.

I did this because the hardest thing for me to do is read all-romance all-the-time, so I need to mix it up.

Why do I need to mix it up?

Because I am one of those weirdos who appreciates a non-happy ending.

Endings that don't make any real sense, usually considered ironic or unexpected, and just seem stupid when consider the story as a whole drive me crazy, so if I do cover any stories like this, chances are I won't rate them very high, unless the author has done an outstanding job of making me believe in the characters and their actions.

Complicated plots with with controversial or confusing endings are challenges that I must undertake and figure them out.

I hope you enjoy these new features, even though they won't always be updated as regularly as the main blog.

See something you like?

Is something missing you'd like us to cover?

Leave a comment and let us know!

2 Moonbeams (comments):

Molly Daniels said...

Welcome back Carrie:) Glad you're back among the living! I too enjoy a sad ending now and then:) Jodi Picoult's books come immediately to mind.

Carrie said...

Hey Molly!

Long time no talk, lol!

Some of her books have been made into movies and I have enjoyed watching them.

I've been curious to check out her other books though. But, as my mantra says, "So many authors, so little time" :)