Follow the secret lives of Moonlighters Carrie Hinkel-Gill and Margay Leah Justice.
For website issues or questions, contact our Webmistress.
This blog works best with Mozilla. Scroll down to see today's blog.
Please Disable the Java add-on to your browsers to protect yourself from it's security flaws! Happy surfing!
Our Fantasy Files blog returns with a new look!
It's Tuesday, and that means Hollie posted a new review on our Book Review blog! Be sure to check them out!

Current Releases

Buy: Sloane Wolf by Margay; Nora's Soul by Margay; Pandora's Box by Gracen; Hell's Phoenix by Gracen

Video of the Day

We Are Young - Fun

Sunday, June 6, 2010

SUPERNATURAL SUNDAY




From Myrddin’s Point of View

Some people need a gentle push. Some people need a hard poke or two. While others, well, they need a good kick in the arse. I know that may come off sounding a bit harsh, but I am a tough love kind of fellow. There is only so much leeway I will allow my loved ones to take before I intervene. After all, my charges do need to make mistakes and try to find their way in life on their own. But, if they continue to flounder and not get on the right path, you can be sure I will be there to re-direct them.

Granted, due to my stature and physical nature, I can not kick anyone in the bum in the literal sense, but I can get under their feet. And the lovely ladies I live with know that all too well. I am a lucky guy to have such wonderful women in my life to love and be loved by. But, alas, I can not fill all of their needs.

I found my first charge, my Wiccan practicing mistress Cassandra, when she was at a low point in her teenage years. The night I walked out of the forest and into her company was kismet. We had an immediate connection and have been together ever since. I have seen her through college, a fast marriage, an even quicker divorce and a move to her current home. I know it’s almost time for me to bring Cassandra’s true love to her, but hers is a story for a latter time.

My current available tale concerns a ghost in our house by the name of Quinn who is yearning for his ideal woman. Aunt Mae, Cassandra and I are tiring of his lamentations. He continues to believe he is living in his time period, which, if I understand him correctly, is during the latter half of the Victorian era. I need to bring him forward to help him understand what happened to him all those years ago and match him with his woman whom he has waited for long enough. Who am I and how might I do this, you ask?

I am my psychic mistress’s feline familiar, Myrddin. I am a handsome black cat, if I do say so myself, with long silky hair, fluffy tail and piercing yellow green eyes. And, due to my connection with my mistress, I can make suggestions which she is usually wise enough to follow. Through her I can engage others to assist me.

The other day I had caught Auntie Mae and Cassandra looking at recent photos of two girls—Cassandra’s cousin, Julie, and Julie’s friend, Evelyn. One of the pictures had fluttered to the floor and I studied it. Evelyn and Julie seemed to be enjoying themselves at a function at their college in Texas. But more than that, not only did Evelyn fit the description of Quinn’s ideal woman, my sixth sense told me she had been slipping into the past in her dreams and spending time with him. Evelyn’s dreams have been a bit too real and she needs a wake-up call. So, I have told my mistress to invite Julie and her friend up to Raritan Manor here in New Jersey for a visit. And, if my cunning but extreme tactics to bring two lovers together go as planned, all will work out fine.

Myrddin would like to present the first book ~

Look What the Cat Dragged In for Evelyn by C.R. Moss
ISBN: 978-1-55487-527-6
Pages: 136
Release Date: 04/01/2010
Cover Artist: Angela Waters
Genre: Paranormal Romance, Ghostly Encounter
Buy Link from www.devinedestinies.com:
http://www.devinedestinies.com/shopdevine/index.php?page=shop.product_details&category_id=25&flypage=ebook_flypage&product_id=905&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=69

Blurb:

A woman in love. A ghost in need. A man possessed. Myrddin, Cassandra’s frisky feline familiar, has his work cut out to get two lovers together. Evelyn is in love with Raritan Manor’s resident ghost, Quinn, but can only experience his embrace in her dreams. Quinn, who doesn’t realize he’s a ghost, loves Eve and wishes she’d stop saying they can’t be together. While at the manor, her friend, Julie, is prompted by Cassandra and Myrddin to invite their cousin, Alex, for a visit. When Alex arrives, Evelyn’s hopes rise. Perhaps she will be able to have a real relationship after all. Alex, though, has no interest in Evelyn. Yet, every time Myrddin comes around Alex feels like a man possessed and wants Eve with a passion, but the moment the cat leaves he’s back to his old self again. Caught between loving a ghost and putting up with a man who can’t make up his mind, Evelyn is at a loss of what to do and feels as if she’s losing her mind. Can Myrddin get the right people together without causing too much heartache in the process?

Excerpt:

He looked at her, his gaze traveling over her face, searching her eyes. Then, he crushed her to him and pressed his lips on hers. Hypnotized by his kiss, she matched his eagerness with her own. His hands did a hungry search of her body. Warm passion rose in her and her thoughts fragmented. When his hand molded around her breast, a sense of caution clicked in her mind. She pulled away.

His broad shoulders heaved with every breath. “What is it, love? What is wrong?”

“Quinn, we can’t keep doing this,” her voice, faint and breathless, hitched on the words.

“Why not, sweetlin’?”

She rose from the couch and smoothed her palms along her shorts while gaining her composure. “Because, I told you, you’re not real. You’re a man who haunts my dreams and my friend’s aunt’s house.”

Quinn’s face darkened, his eyes narrowed. He stood and grasped her shoulders. “I wish you would stop this nonsense talk. You are not dreaming and I am real. The other day I thought I showed you—”

Evelyn put a finger up to his lips. “We had a wonderful experience, but it can’t happen again. I wouldn’t be able to live with myself.”

“Then why?”

“There’s someone else,” she lied.

Sadness melted Quinn’s gaze. “Do you love him?”

Evelyn breathed with exasperation. “No, I don’t.” She paused, then added another lie, “Not yet at least.”

Quinn took her in his arms. “Good. I do not know if I could handle you being in love with another man.” He placed a kiss on her cheek, then nibbled her neck.

Her harnessed control broke free. Excitement drilled a hole in her center and desire twisted in its wake. Her mind spun in turmoil. She wanted him, but what would forging a bond with a ghost do to her psyche? A relationship like that would eventually drive her insane.









Also coming soon to Devine Destinies ~ Look What the Cat Dragged In for Julie & Look What the Cat Dragged In for Cassandra. For more information, visit: http://www.crmoss.net/lookwhatthecatdraggedin/

Happy Reading!
C.R. Moss
~ Worlds of Possibilities ~
http://www.crmoss.net/

0 Moonbeams (comments):