Follow the secret lives of Moonlighters Carrie Hinkel-Gill and Margay Leah Justice.
For website issues or questions, contact our Webmistress.
This blog works best with Mozilla. Scroll down to see today's blog.
Please Disable the Java add-on to your browsers to protect yourself from it's security flaws! Happy surfing!
Our Fantasy Files blog returns with a new look!
It's Tuesday, and that means Hollie posted a new review on our Book Review blog! Be sure to check them out!

Current Releases

Buy: Sloane Wolf by Margay; Nora's Soul by Margay; Pandora's Box by Gracen; Hell's Phoenix by Gracen

Video of the Day

We Are Young - Fun

Thursday, January 28, 2010

TWILIGHT THURSDAY

THE MOONLIGHT SHINES ON SANDRA SOOKO

Thank for having me here! Guest blogging is always a great chance to get the word out to other readers who don’t normally come into my web circle. As an incentive to get you to read to the bottom of the post, I’m giving away a goodie bag to a random commenter. The name will be selected and posted here by 8:00 pm EST.

My name’s Sandra Sookoo and I write romantic fiction. Whether it be paranormal, historical or contemporary (and sometimes a blend) I love to write it, but I will say the bulk of my work centers somewhere within the paranormal genre. Visit my website for more information http://www.sandrasookoo.com

Recently, I’ve been excited over my first two releases with Liquid Silver Books. The first is entitled Safe from the Flames and is a contemporary story involving a hunky fireman and the woman he becomes interested in. It’s got a paranormal twist wherein the heroine can burst into flames in an instant.

I wrote this book for two reasons. One, I live just down the street from a fire station. Every day the hardworking guys in blue risk life and limb and my imagination started to wander. Two, one of my friends suggested I write a book about a fireman, so after so research, Darren was born and pretty much took over the pages.


Here’s the blurb: Darren Kaestle wants nothing more than to do his job. Putting out fires and keeping the community safe is his idea of a good time until he finds an unconscious woman in an abandoned house fire. Only then does he get a glimpse of her paranormal abilities.

Hadyn Bernson has harbored anger and fear deep inside herself until it manifests in a rare phenomena. She can burst into flames whenever her emotions get out of control, and they threaten to do just that when she opens her eyes and finds a sexy firefighter staring back.

Together, these two people from opposite ends of the spectrum must find a way to settle their differences and quench the flames inside before the real terror of a dangerous blaze ends one, or both, of their lives.

Book video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Iy7z8xsRso
Buy Link: http://tinyurl.com/ygzzgh8

My second offering is one of the favorite pieces I’ve written to date. It’s a historical novella set off the Florida Keys in the time of pirates called Angel’s Master. The American Navy is trying to eradicate the sea rats and the pirates are fighting for their lives. In this tale, my heroine doesn’t take any flack from the pirate and gives him a run for his money. This has a paranormal twist at the end, but I won’t reveal it here.

I wrote this piece because I’ve always been fascinated by pirates of any kind and I was hankering to do an historical piece. Combine them both and you have a powerful tale of love, surrender and redemption that you won’t soon forget!


Here’s the blurb: The year is 1822 and life on the high seas just became more complicated for Ethan Williams. He’s a pirate with a conscience, and even though killing and plundering are his way of life, he’s searching for much more—and he’s tired of being alone.

Jacqueline Massey is connected with the American Navy. It’s her job to trick men into revealing they are indeed pirates. The guilt she feels about sending them to their doom is equaled only by her longing to be loved. But Jacqueline has a secret—one that has intertwined her fate with Ethan’s for longer than he’s known.

Can destiny bring together a pirate and an angel during the season of miracles, or will a watery death by Davy Jones locker drown their love?

Book video: Book Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhDhYTImA8M
Buy Link: http://tinyurl.com/yl7kb8q

Thank you for reading! I must warn you that both of these pieces are very sexy and steamy and may cause overheating and wishing the man in your life was more like a hero in a romance novel!

I hope you’ll consider adding them to your electronic library!

5 Moonbeams (comments):

Sandra Sookoo said...

Thanks for having me here today! :-)

J Hali Steele said...

Sandi, you look good in moonlight! I couldn't resist. Love your covers and wishing you nothing but the best! My cyber pile keeps growing...*grins*

Sandra Sookoo said...

Gee Joann, I guess since you're the only one who showed up, you'll be getting the goodie bag LOL :-)

Gracen Miller said...

Hi, Sandra! *waves* I apologize for not showing up sooner. Had a bit of an emergency situation that required taking my son to the doctor to make sure he didn't break his elbow. Got wrapped up in that, and forgot to check back.

It was great having you here today. I loved reading about your two new stories. They sound like great reads and have also hit my TBR list. *looks at list and grumbles about the ever growing length* So many good books and never enough time to read!

Best of luck!!

Huggles,
Gracen

Unknown said...

Your pirate book sounds like a great read - pirates are sexy ;) But then firemen are sexy, too! Wishing you many sales with both titles :)