Follow the secret lives of Moonlighters Carrie Hinkel-Gill and Margay Leah Justice.
For website issues or questions, contact our Webmistress.
This blog works best with Mozilla. Scroll down to see today's blog.
Please Disable the Java add-on to your browsers to protect yourself from it's security flaws! Happy surfing!
Our Fantasy Files blog returns with a new look!
It's Tuesday, and that means Hollie posted a new review on our Book Review blog! Be sure to check them out!

Current Releases

Buy: Sloane Wolf by Margay; Nora's Soul by Margay; Pandora's Box by Gracen; Hell's Phoenix by Gracen

Video of the Day

We Are Young - Fun

Sunday, September 6, 2009

The White Queen - Margay's Review

Let me just start off by saying that I don't think I can give an appropriate review because I couldn't even make it through the book. I am disappointed, for myself, because I had never read a Philippa Gregory book before and I was excited to get the chance to do so. But it was kind of like reading a history book that was written in first person. Now I don't have anything against details and descriptions, but sometimes, the story is weighed down by them and never really gets started. For me, that is what happened with this book. It was so rich in detail, I felt that I was living this woman's life right along with her. Unfortunately, I never got beyond the first few chapters, so I never reached the point where the story actually began.

I am not going to rate this book or give an opinion one way or the other because, since I couldn't finish it, I don't believe that I am in a position to do so. Instead, I would rather leave that to Miss Gregory's fans and followers who can better sum up this book than I ever could. For me, I will wait for the movie version to come out.

For more information on Miss Gregory and her books, please check out this link:

http://www.philippagregory.com/

5 Moonbeams (comments):

Molly Daniels said...

Send me the book! I'm looking forward to it:)

Judy said...

I would still like to read this. I usually enjoy her books.

Carrie said...

Well, you both entered for the drawing, so your chances are good!

Carrie said...

Margay, this is why it's good to have multiple reviews.

You pointed out one very good point - even though you felt laden down with historical facts, felt as though you were in the head of the character, which is always the sign of good writing, isn't it?

Sheila Deeth said...

Interesting. I haven't read any of her books, but I've heard so many good things - and it's English history. So I'm still curious.